Make Up Lessons
- A "make up" lesson will be created if the cancellation is no less than 24 hours of lessons being cancelled unless reasonable excuse is provided.
- A "make up" lesson will be created if teacher cancels lessons no less than 24 hours of lesson being scheduled.
In the event of cancellation within 24 hours, the lesson will be forfeited incurring lesson charge.
Cancellation of lessons
- Email notification of the upcoming lesson is made 48 hours prior to the lesson.
- SMS notification is made 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson.
- If lesson needs to be cancelled then notification by SMS should be made 24 hours prior to the lesson if possible.
- Alternatively lessons can be cancelled online through the calendar page.
- Lessons cancelled just prior to the scheduled lessons are still charged at the full amount.
- A one-off administration fee is charged to cover establishment costs of JonosMusic and the use of the website. This is payable at the beginning of the billing cycle.
- It is requested all relevant personal details (which are confidential) be given at the time of registration.
Payments and Invoices
- Invoices are generated at the beginning of the calendar month for the ensuing month. This is payable by the middle of that month.
- Payment arrangements can be made in advance with the teacher by metal agreement.
- Payments can be made via cash, bank transfer or by PayPal.
- Email or SMS notifications are given when payments have been made and invoices generated.
- Email or SMS notifications are given when a non-payment has occurred.
- Late payments without notification that are more than 14 days late will incur a late f
- Music its chosen in consultation with the parent / teacher. Any concerns about repertoire and choice of music should be made directly with the teacher.
- All teachers are expected to abide with the Professional Standards for Teachers as set out in the Victorian Institute of Teaching.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves with respect at all times.
Teacher assessment and reports
- Parents and teachers are encouraged to discuss progress with the student at any time. It is expected that the feedback is positive and professional.
- If there concerns about the progress of the student then please discuss in person at the time of the lesson or via email or by phone directly.